Friday, January 23, 2015

Oh Yum!!!



Today, January 23 rd  is National
Pie Day!

The making of pies dates back to

ancient Egypt. In 1,300 B.C.
Egyptian bakers folded bread
dough around nuts, honey and
fruits in the form of today's rustic
tarts.

The Greeks and Romans continued

the tradition but wrapped meat in 
flour and water paste.

Those primitive pastries have evolved

into the pies we know today.

What better way to celebrate a

Friday than with a piece of pie!

What kind do you like?

I like apple and chocolate.

~Keep on Dreaming~


8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love all pies but especially a lemon pie and an old fashioned buttermilk pie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound good!

    Enjoy a piece today.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peanut butter pies!!! I'm hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would love it too.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is ANY kind of pie!! lol. I am definitely a sweet eater and my list of good pies is forever long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny.

    I like pie but I don't eat it very often, which
    is probably a good thing.

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know how I missed this. My favorite pie is any one that I can get a fork into, haven't met one I didn't like! Cherry's near the top of the list though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I have to agree with you.

    Apple would at the top of my list.

    Check out today's post for food fun,

    M :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag